Wow, I am so elated and excited that I have been nominated for another award!!! What??? 😀 Again, I would like to thank all you wonderful, beautiful, amazing people reading this little blog of mine.
THANK YOU!!! I can’t say that enough!
I was nominated for “THE BEAUTIFUL BLOGGER AWARD” by the fittingly beautiful Swati Dixit! She writes at ASipofBeauty (link here). Check her out, she writes about beauty and fashion and she makes very beautiful outfit pairings.
The guidelines for the award is as follows;
i) State who nominated you
ii) Answer questions given
iii) Tell us 7 random facts
iv) Nominate 10 beauty or fashion bloggers
v) Make up 10 questions for your nominees to answer
vi) Let the bloggers know you nominated them
These were the questions Swati made up (my questions for the nominees are listed at the end);
1) How did you get into blogging?
I actually wanted a personal blog as a substitute for diary writing in 2006 and that’s how I got started with blogging. However, FiercePaint came out as a form of venture into what I can do with all the makeup knowledge I have acquired and and to interact with fellow beauty bloggers. More than that, I wanted to learn all I can about makeup; brands, techniques, products etc!
2) What is your all time favourite TV show?
The Golden Girls.
3) What is the one beauty product you cannot live without?
4) Who is/are your favourite YouTubers?
Eshani of TotalMakeupJunkie101, WatchMojo, Emily Noel of Beauty Broadcast, Emily Fox of BeautywithEmilyFox, Lisa Elridge, Emily Quak of Emily’s Anthology, EvangelineHawa, Tati of GlamLifeGuru, welovekatya, Willam Belli. All the underlines are the links to the channels.
5) What is your fondest childhood memory?
Celebrating Diwali (or as we South Indian Tamilans call it, Deepavali) in a village at my grandmother’s wooden house on stilts (in Malaysia we call them “kampung” houses). My grandmother passed away early this year but my aunt still lives in the house which is a 5 minute drive from home. I am there all the time!
6) What is your current beauty obsession?
False eyelashes. It has been my obsession for a very VERY long time! But I don’t have the heart to spend 10 bucks on a pair of falsies so I usually buy the cheap ones in the box usually one that costs no more than MYR 10 with at least 10 pairs in it (approximately USD 2.40).
7) What is the one beauty brand you can purchase without having to think twice?
None, I never judge a product by its brand. Every brand has winners and duds.
8) Current lip shades you love?
Nudes and for my complexion (NC45 in MAC), brown nudes.
9) Makeup or no makeup!
MAKEUP all the way!!!!!!!!!! I am a beauty blogger who blogs about makeup so the answer is definitely clear!!! 😛
10) What is the one advice you would like to give me about blogging.
Jeez Swati! If you are reading this, you don’t need advice darling, you are doing a splendid job!!! I can tell you what I wanna see more of though. More MAKEUP!!! Hahaha! 😛
7 Random Facts;
Like I said above, I spent a huge chunk of my childhood in a village house with my grandmother and one of my dad’s sister as a joint family before my parents got a place of their own. This is pretty common with Asian families.
Like I said above, I am of South Indian descent, specifically Tamil.
I understand 5 languages and I can speak, read and write in 3 of them (English, Malay i.e. the Malaysian language, and Tamil).
My worst enemy is procrastination! Sigh, I need someone constantly looking over me to get things done.
I love water activity, swimming and waterparks etc. Dad and my uncle taught me how to swim.
I love TV shows that are related to the supernatural (except werewolves); True Blood, Being Human (both UK and US versions), Angel, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Supernatural, Charmed, Vampire Diaries, Grimm, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Wizards of Waverly Place, Bewitched, Xena the Warrior Princess and many many MANY more!!!
I can cook.
I don’t have too many followers but I will nominate 5 bloggers for this award;
Arpita of Arpita’s
Aynal Mansor of Aynal Mansor
Apoorva of That Weird Girl Official
Anys Nadhilah of Anys Nadhilah’s Small Diary
Jodi of a brash attitude
Thank you for following me guys, you are BEAUTIFUL!!! Again, please do know that there’s no obligation for you to do this and you guys are amazing!
The 10 questions I have for my nominees;
- Since all my nominees are also beauty bloggers, when you do your makeup which part of your face or which routine do you focus on the most?
- Following the previous question, what is the one thing you feel is very tiresome and problematic when doing your makeup?
- What is one makeup advice/tip you can give to beginners?
- What is one makeup (not beauty or skin care) item you would pick if that’s the only thing you could use for the rest of your life?
- Moving on to non makeup related questions, what is your one passion in life?
- What is your dream job?
- What is one interesting fact about your home state, preferably something people may not know of?
- How long is your longest friendship with a person (if you want to you can name the person as well)?
- What is one aspect of your life you find most inspiring?
- What one thing would you say to people who think wearing makeup is being fake?
I hope you guys have fun doing this!