Shoutout to Dannii of A Beautiful Thing (blog link here) for nominating me for this award. Hers has been a recently discovered blog which I’ve been enjoying not just because of her beauty content but also her travel posts! I live vicariously through your posts Dannii, you know that!!!
She nominated me for the Liebster Award!
- Thank the person who nominated you and post a link back to their blog on your post.
- Answer the 11 questions about yourself.
- Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate between 5-11 bloggers to do the award.
- Create 11 new questions for your nominees to answer.
Danni’s 11 questions;
1. What are your top three products you’d recommend for summer?
Since it’s perpetually summer in Malaysia, I am the perfect person for this question! No 1, you need sunscreen!!! No 2, a lightweight base like a BB cream or a mattifying foundation (currently loving Sephora 10Hr wear perfection foundation). 3, bronzer and I like a matte bronzer because I get sweaty and oily easily (currently loving the Catrice Sun Glow minarel bronzing powder)!
2. If you could have your own collection of products to sell in shops, what would it be and what would you call the collection? (It can be cosmetics, bath bits, clothes or other).
MAKEUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It would be called B.Fierce!!!!
3. What is the best meal or food you’ve ever eaten?
Both my grandmother’s cooking (my paternal grandma passed last year)! Too many to identify one single dish! You have not eaten the best until you’ve eaten properly made Indian style fish coconut milk curry (it’s called sothi in Tamil). Padma Lakshmi (Top Chef host and judge) actually called a chef in India the best chef in the world because he made this dish perfectly. She said this in passing and whether she actually meant it or not, I believe it is one of the best dishes to be had!
4. How many countries have you visited and which countries were they?
I have visited 4 countries and they are India, Singapore (it was just a layover but let’s count it! 😛 ), Thailand and Sri Lanka.
5. What are you short term goals for the next 2 years?
Finish my PhD, loose enough weight to get back to odissi dancing, get a lecturing position and get my own blog domain.
6. What are your long term goals?
Become a popular beauty blogger in Malaysia, become an editor for a scientific journal, incorporate makeup into my food research, keep dancing odissi and perform in India at least once, write, both scientifically and aesthetically.
7. If you could be someone else for the day, who would it be?
Myself. I don’t know how to be anyone else. I don’t want to be anyone else. (conceited much??? 😛 )
8. What is currently your favourite TV show?
Rupaul’s Drag Race and Survivor (I have been a fan since Season 1 in the year 2000). I’d say Penny Dreadful but producers and director went and broke fans’ hearts worldwide by shockingly ending the show without so much as a notification that the third season finale was the series finale. 😥
9. What is your favourite film?
This is too long a list but the one that touched me the most is Coco before Chanel.
10. Name one thing you’ve crossed off your bucket list?
The few things I have on my very short bucket list (I am still building my bucket list) I am still working towards but I have done one which I don’t think I want to share. Sorry guys…
11. What are you most looking forward to in the next couple of months?
A stage play I am involved in and my cousin’s wedding!
My 11 questions
- One beauty regiment you never fail at.
- One makeup technique you have never mastered despite trying countless times.
- Your eye colour (just for the heck of it).
- While you’re at it your current hair colour, (why not???).
- Sweet or floral?
- One male fragrance you like…
- A ridiculously expensive makeup product that didn’t work for you (expensive being relative and subjective).
- Share a makeup hack.
- Your favourite non YouTuber celebrity makeup artist.
- Your favourite horror movie.
- Your favourite horror theme.
The next award is by Laura of Looking Joli Good (blog link here)! A registered nurse who is into beauty, fitness, baking and a whole lot more!!! Hi Laura! Thanks for the nomination!!! It is the One Lovely Blog Award.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to them.
- Share 7-15 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 9-15 bloggers you admire and contact them to let them know.
I’ll share 7 fact about myself.
1. I am a Virgo.
2. In Hindu astrology however, your sign is based on not just your birth date but also your birth time and in Hindu astrology I am a Cancer.
3. My birth date is September 11; YES, I celebrate my birthday on a very dark day in USA history!
4. I recently lost about 15kgs (33 lbs) over a period of 5 months.
5. I have performed odissi in Sri Lanka!
6. When I was doing my degree I appeared in a local cable TV channel. The channel was called Vaanavil and my friends and I entered a dance competition they organised. We got through the auditions but was eliminated in the first round! 😆
7. I think I am the only person I know, of my age, that loves watching The Golden Girls. To me, it is the best sitcom ever!!!
I tag all of you for this nominations! Have fun guys! And if you do, please let me know!