Ok, for a blog that avoids gender specifics, the next award is really ironic! 😛 😛 😛
That was just for laughs and you’ll get what I mean when you see the award.
In any case I thank the gorgeous Kylie who blogs at BittersweetxBeauty (link here). Oh can that woman slay a winged liner! Gorgeous blogger and beyond talented at makeup! Do check her out!
It is the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award!
1. Do you have a ride or die product? If so, what is it?
Lipbalms! The Chu Lips to be specific (post here).
2. Do you listen to music while doing your makeup(I do,lol)? What do you listen to?
I don’t… Why don’t I??? *crickets sounds*
3. Favorite makeup brand?
Oh my God, cruel cruel question! I love so many! This is a list on its own! Nope, NO! I ain’t picking! I love them all!!!
4. Favorite TV Show?
Anything supernatural, magic stuff and a dose of reality and comedy as well. Friends, How I Met Your Mother, Golden Girls, Bewitched, The Nanny, Hot in Cleveland, Supernatural, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood, Grimm, Charmed, Sense8, Being Human (both UK and US versions; I did prefer the US one), Survivor, Rupaul’s Drag Race.
5. What is the best advice you have ever received?
What others think of you is none of your God damn business!!!
6. If you could visit one place in the world, where would you go?
Orissa, home of Odissi!
7. One thing you can’t live without?
Well, I’ll deduce this to something of a frivolity rather than a necessity so I’m going to say, my music. I need to listen to music when I’m driving, walking and jogging.
8. What is your dream job/career?
It was to become a fashion designer but now being food scientist and a beauty blogger all in one is pretty darn amazing!
9. Do you have an unpopular opinion about something?
I don’t like Adele’s Hello! Anyone else???? I simply cannot stand it!!!
10. Batman or Superman? (So excited for the movie! Team Batman over here! Lol.)
Superman! Come on! Batman’s going down Kylie! 😛
My questions (since this is a sisterhood kinda thing let’s do some friendship questions shall we?);
- Your best friend(s) and if possible who(m)?
- How long have you known your bestie?
- Your longest friendship and if possible who(m)?
- How long have you known this person?
- One thing you’d never tell your bestie (can be hypothetical)!
- What is one tradition that keeps your best friendship(s) going?
- Since I am a beauty blogger. Name one beauty aspect (can be a regime, or a feature, or a skill or anything beauty related) that you’d tell your bestie to change/improve upon. Even if you were a guy, you’d want your bestie to perhaps put on more chapstick… 😛
- An extension of question #7, one aspect you’re envious of.
- 12 words you’d say to your bestie (can be anything!).
- I want you to text your bestie, “I Love You!” and answer 10 with “done” when you are done!
Award #6 was nominated by the gorgeous Amel. She previously nominated me for the Liebster Award. Amazing blogger with a penchant for doing lots of wonderful DIYs! Blog link here.
Here were her 10 questions;
1. What makeup mistake have you made?
Using a bronzer without testing it out first. I once attended a fashion show and my makeup looked freaking fabulous when I walked out of the door. When I was at the event, I caught a glimpse of myself and screeched to a halt. Upon a proper second inspection I realised that the damned thing oxidised on me and I was looking like a freaking persimmon!!!
2. Favorite part of your makeup routine?
Doing my eyes and spraying setting spray all on my face!
3. Favorite social media platform?
4. What blog post are you most proud of (link it)?
My 100th post! I hit 3 milestones in that one post; 100th post, 100 followers and 10,000 views!
5. What is your favorite high end makeup brand?
I don’t have a favourite brand because although I’ve used a diverse number of brands, I have tried but very few products from each.
6. What is your favourite drugstore brand?
NO NO NO! NO playing favourites with my brands!!! No NO NO!!!
7. What do you enjoy doing in your free time?
For 2016, it has been and it’s going to be reading! Stay tuned for my next post! You might be interested too!
8. What is your best makeup purchase of all time?
My UD All Nighter makeup setting spray! My single best product of 2015!
9. Favorite perfume?
Sean John’s Unforgivable and Paco Rabanne’s Black XS.
10. Favourite skin care product?
At the moment I have a favourite but I am not giving it away on account of not spoiling a future post! *winks*
My 10 questions (since this is beauty blogger award, it shall all be beauty related);
- The current mascara you’re using and do you like it or merely tolerating it?
- Name an item from a local makeup brand that you absolutely love!
- Name a local beauty brand you know of but have yet to try.
- A discontinued product you’re clinging on to! (cruel question huh?)
- One discovery that boosted your makeup!
- A single makeup product recommendation from 2015.
- The latest makeup hack you tried. Did it work?
- Worst foundation disaster.
- One actress from the 60’s whose makeup and style you love.
- And one final random question, the number of lipsticks you have (excluding balms; everything else counts!).
I nominate all of you to accept these two awards!!!
Do feel free to drop a comment if you decide on accepting and do this! Would love to read your answers!