I have been tagged for The Beauty Blogger Tag by three absolutely gorgeous bloggers!
The Rules for this Tag:
Tag the blogger that nominated you
Answer the questions you were given
Nominate 10 bloggers whose blog is about beauty/lifestyle/fashion
Name 10 questions for your nominees to answer
Inform the bloggers you chose that you nominated them
First was by Kylie of BittersweetXBeauty (blog link here).
Kylie is amazing at makeup! So many gorgeous looks and so many colourful creations! Seeing her looks will give you inspiration!
Second by Ania of Lipsticks and Dreams (blog link here).
Besides being a gorgeous beauty blogger with a penchant for all kinds of beauty and makeup products, she writes in not one but TWO languages! English and Polish!!!
Third was by Lyndsey of Susheii (blog link here).
Although concentrated on all things beauty (product reviews, looks, etc), she also writes about her family, her vacations and so much more!
Questions by Kylie
1. What is your opinion on Liquid Lipsticks? Love it or Hate it?
I have a love hate relationship with liquid lipsticks. I love it for stage performances because it stays on without needing to touch up. But I have yet to find a comfortable one except for the one I’ve reviewed here (link here), that is as affordable for me to use on a day to day basis.
2. What is your holy grail makeup product?
The Urban Decay All Nighter makeup setting spray. Just reviewed it (link here)!
3. What is your favorite highlighter?
TBH, I am not a big fan of highlighting. I personally feel that with my textured skin, highlighting only further accentuates it. I do highlight my face for stage which I do with any type shimmery shadow at my disposal that has gold or bronze undertones in it.
4. What is your favorite article of clothing? Mine are flannels and jackets! Lol
Basic tees! I am a relaxed person when it comes to clothing (at the moment at least). I do love my Indian attires but those are usually worn for an occasion.
5. Cream contour or powder contour?
Both! I like building with creams, sheering them out and blending to almost nothing and then setting with corresponding powders.
6. Favorite Eye look? (Smokey, Halo, Cut Crease, etc)
7. Do you have a pet peeve when it comes to makeup or a current makeup trend?
Oh where do we start! At the moment it is the whole strobing/over-highlighting trend. Some people do it so horribly!!!
8.“Baking”. Yes or No?
YES! I was doing this in 2008/9!!!!!!!!!!! Never named it back then!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I actually learned it from Tyra on The Tyra Show which ended in 2011. And before 2012 no one had heard of the under-eye powder baking technique except drag queens and makeup artists! By the way, baking is a very VERY old drag queen makeup technique and if you didn’t know this, you need to do your makeup research!!! And honey, Tyra Banks and not Kim K introduced it to the world! Proof below!!!
9. Favorite place to shop for makeup?
Watsons, Guardian, and Sephora!
10. Favorite place to shop for clothes?
It’s called Big n Tall. At the moment it’s my saviour!
Questions by Ania
1. If you could use only one makeup item, which one would it be?
Mascara (which I will double as eyeliner).
2. What are your beauty essentials when traveling?
My cleanser, toner, and moisturiser! I only carry makeup when necessary! And when I do, it’s my concealer, pressed powder foundation, eyebrow pencil, liner and mascara.
3. What is your favourite drugstore makeup brand?
NO!!!!!!!!!!! I am not answering this!!!!!!!!!!!! You people need to realise that I am going to offend my makeup!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have so many faves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT FAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4. Which beauty product do you consider as completely unneccessary?
None! If there’s some kind of beauty product, I want to slap it on my face!
5. Foundation, tinted moisturizer or bare face?
It all depends! I am comfortable either way. Makeup sometimes just to get coffee. Bare faced sometimes even on a night out.
6. What is your favourite perfume?
Sean John’s Unforgivable, Paco Rabanne’s Black XS, Clinique’s Happy for Men, Bath and Body Works Wild Madagascar Vanilla.
7. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
I’ve got a few choices, Odisha, India OR Paris, France OR San Francisco, USA OR Rio, Brazil!
8. What is your favourite dessert?
9. Who is your favourite blogger/youtuber? I know I repeated this one but I’m really curious!
I guess my absolute favourite in terms of beauty would be Tatiana Westbrook a.k.a GlamLifeGuru.
10. What is your favourite holiday destination?
At the moment Thailand. But I am sure this is bound to change as I travel more…
Questions by Lyndsey
1.What is your favorite beauty brand?
No, no no no no no no no no NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2. What is your favorite skincare brand?
I am loving Paula’s Choice skincare which really impressed me (review post here).
3. What is the one beauty technique you just cannot do right?
Hairstyling! So troublesome!
4. What is your favorite brush brand?
Ecotools! If you have never tried EcoTools, stop everything and go and get something from them! Not only are they cheap, the brushes are sturdy and made from recycled, sustainable, cruelty-free materials! For Malaysians I’d recommend you try Breena Beauty brushes (locally made, Muslim friendly brushes; e-shop link here and my review of one of the brushes here).
5. Are you more of a powder or cream product person?
It really depends. Powder sets cream and I like that…. 😀
6. What is your favorite thing about yourself?
Huh-NEY!!!!!! I am FAB-U-LOUS! I, in my entirety, is the favourite thing about me!!!
7. What does beauty mean to you?
Beauty means depth. There’s poetic significance in what is seen as beautiful and some kind of surreal satisfaction in knowing that the bottom line is that every human soul perceives beauty in their own personalised way. Now, that is powerful! And by that extension, no one is ugly.
8. What is your favorite quote?
My quote of course!
Ultimately it is about loving yourself even when it is all off! *finger snaps*
9. What do you look for in a beauty blogger?
In depth and concise reviews, properly executed makeup looks, somewhat extensive product knowledge (in their market at least), and well written posts.
10. What is your all time favorite perfume?
If I had to pick one (from the list from Ania’s questions) it would be Sean John’s Unforgivable.
My 10 Questions,
- One makeup product that you’d advise everyone to stay away from! Only one.
- One skincare product that you’d advise everyone to stay away from! Only one.
- If you could have your own makeup line what would you call it?
- If you could name an eyeshadow you created what would you call it?
- What hue would the eyeshadow be, what finish would it be (matte, pearlescent, shimmery), would it be a powder, a stick, cream, or loose pigment?
- One makeup skill you think you haven’t mastered yet.
- Do you like doing your makeup in silence or with something playing in the background (what do you play if you prefer the latter)?
- Which era of makeup are you most drawn to (20s, 40s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s) and what about that era do you like?
- Waxing, threading or plucking. Eyebrows that is.
- Let’s keep this interesting. Tell us a beauty related joke!
I usually nominate everyone who wants to do the tag but I want to tag specific people because I am dying to get to know their answers! My nominees would be;
Stashy of Stash Matters (blog link here)
Rossy of AyR Galaxy (blog link here)
Diana of CheonsaDiana’s Reviews (blog link here)
Dannii of A Beautiful Thing (blog link here)
Chris of fivezero (blog link here)
And as I always say, no pressure to do this guys. It is entirely up to you!